Music of the Moment

Saturday, February 5

"You figured out how to use the English website! Congrats!"

A little tidbit from my day:

After I arrived in Gimpo (first time back since Monday morning), I was talking to my best friend on the phone when I got hungry. Hey, it was like, 5 PM - cut me some slack. Well, the only food I had that I could readily prepare was cereal. No big. I like cereal. So I get out my Oreo-O's and milk ... shoot. No bowls. So, I take stock of what I have, and I come up with a solution (now, don't judge me) and I end up eating my cereal out of a pot. A small pot, but a pot, nonetheless.

Fastfoward to later in the evening when, after studying Korean in preparation for tomorrow (FAIL), I'm feeling a little hungry. Remember when I said earlire that the only food I could readily prepare was cereal? Well, this time, I couldn't decide what kind to eat - so I mixed them together (you know, like you do when you're a kid). So, I'm prepared to eat my Oreo-Os/Cornflakeish hybrid ... shoot. No bowls AND the pot hasn't been cleaned yet. Again, I take stock of my kitchen supplies, and this time ... I end up eating my cereal out of a pie plate.

My name is Marcie, and I have a problem. LAAAAAAAZY.

Another thought? It's mind-numbingly difficult to translate song lyrics from Korean into English when they were ORIGINALY in English (because they get sorta skewed in the first round of translations [from English to Korean] ... and then DOUBLY skewed in the second round [from Korean back into English]). Especially since I know the songs fairly well to begin with ... ugh. Sorry, 창원 ... I fail.

What else ... OH! I'm going to see TAYLOR SWIFT perform in Seoul for the first time on FRIDAY! :) :) :) Thanks to LEIGH (Morgan, you ROCK!), I found out yesterday that Taylor Swift would be coming to Seoul on the 11th (that's just a week away!) ... and I found myself automatically texting my friend the exciting information (the only person I could think of who might be as happy as I was about this news) ... automatically as in I wasn't consciously thinking of what to say, but the words were coming out of my fingers ... no joke. After a few preliminary texts, I was too excited to focus on typing the words, so I just called - our dialogue looked sorta like this:

Me: "OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS, THERE'S STILL TICKETS!!! WOULD YOU GO WITH ME!?!?!?"
friend: "Uhm, yeah, sure, okay ..." (I think my excitement was a little overwhelming ... because I was literally yelling into the phone)
Me: "YESSSS! Okay. I'm going to buy tickets. Wait. I'm on the website. If this doesn't work, I'm going to say bad words."
waiting
pause
friend: "Uh, do you want me to do that? Is it in Korean?"
Me: "No. It's in English. I think I can do it. Wait. Stop laughing at me!"
friend: laughing ... "sorry."
Me: "It's hard to concentrate! I'm too excited! If you make fun of me, I'll kick you."
friend: "How? We're on the phone."
Me: "... smart aleck."
waiting ... small talk
Me: "OH MY GOSH I DID IT! I DID IT! YESSSSSSSS!"
friend: "Great job! You figured out how to use the English website! Congratulations!"
Me: "... I don't like you right now."

That's what it kinda looked like. Anyways. On Friday, we're gonna see TAYLOR SWIFT! I already created my playlist for the week, and my friend and I are memorizing the songs, haha. :) :) :) EXCITING.

In other news ... Eric Clapton is ALSO coming to Seoul! I think this month is going to freakin' rock.

And ... I'm out. I've been ignoring Blogger because I'm now obsessed with CyWorld. Sorry. But I'm trying to keep up my once-weekly posts. Oh, and I'll tell you about Lunar New Year week soon. Loves.

No comments: