Music of the Moment

Thursday, February 17

Say HEY to Vacation ...

... again.

Yup, that's right - it's Thursday, February 17th and I don't have to be back at work 'til Wednesday, March 2nd. I might be bragging ... just a little. :)

Don't worry, I'll spend next week doing SOME constructive things. For example, I need to get my grading stuff in order so that I can go over guidelines and stuff with my students when I finally find out who I'm gonna be teaching (yeah, don't know and probably WON'T know until Wednesday ... gee, whatta shocker). Oh, and I should probably sort through my lessons. And, you know, stop ignoring my TEFL course. Again. And submit my application. Yeah, yeah, I'll have stuff to do. :)

Anyways. What else is new? Oooooooh, yeah ...



I saw Taylor Swift perform in Seoul last Friday with Miss Mindy Page. :) :) :) It was pretty freakin' sweet. I mean, aside from the fact that it was the first concert I've been to in Korea where I've actually understood everything the performer said ... :) Don't get me wrong, JYP in 2008 and Rain last year were both AMAZING ... but ... it was cool knowing what was going on. And yes, I screamed like a 12 year old girl ... surrounded by actual 12 year old girls. :)



My favorite song of her's - "Back to December." :D

What else is new? Well ... not much. I just finished a two-week long teaching "stint" ... I'm not sure if they're going to be my students for the semester, or if I'll have different students or whatever ... so I'm calling it a stint. They seemed smart ... if not a bit smart-alecky. If they ARE my students, then we'll have to work on that. :) However, there's a few stand-outs. My new GFLHS best friend is a kid who said his favorite kind of music is country. :)

Speaking of best friends ... mine sent me packets of spiced cider. TAKE THAT, KOREA!!! I swear, if you just tried it, you would LOOOVE it. And you would be all, "Why aren't we marketing this???" It would be a great thing, Korea. Trust me.

She also sent me Glee music AND chocolate. My best friend rocks.

And that's pretty much all. Gonna go read, work on finishing the application, and maybe watch a video. If anyone's hangin' around Seoul during the next week, shoot a text my way. :)

No comments: