Music of the Moment

Sunday, December 5

"So, how did that turn out?" - "... Not good." - "Oh."

I have an addictive personality. I can admit that. And that is why I should never try drugs of any kind. I'm not saying that I WOULD become addicted. I'm just saying that I would be predisposed to it.

Once again, let me declare my devotion to "Glee". I'm currently catching up on episodes. I'm on Episode 14 - Finn found out that he's not the father. New Directions won sectionals. Will found out about Terri's deception, and now he wants to date Emma. Sue is still out to get Will and Glee Club, and has now enlisted Brittany and Santana to get under Finn's skin. Rachel just met a guy from Vocal Adrenaline in the library (he seems like a prick). Has a nice voice, though. Oh, and Will is singing a Neil Diamond song. God, how I love this show.

Yes, I'm a "Gleek". Oh, and I love that Asian kid (Mike) and his dance moves. The boy's got mad skillz. And yes, I wrote that with a "z".

The weekend has come to an end yet again. After a mini-freakout in the office on Friday, I decided to hop onto a bus to Anyang. Snap decision, actually. Just needed to get away. So, I did. Hung out with the Anyang crew on Friday night, and then met up with Hyun in Seoul on Saturday (after a SUBWAY lunch with Evan) in Apgujeong. We got our hair did ... awesome salon in Apgujeong ... and then headed over to Sinsa and Garosu-gil. Garosu-gil is an amazing place. It's easy to forget how awesome Seoul is. There's so many great little nooks and crannies to discover and explore - Garosu-gil being one of these. Hip little shops, cozy cafes, trendy little restaurants ... Garosu-gil has ALL of these and more. I can't wait to go back. :)

Today at church, the sermon was from Judges Chapter 6, when God tells Gideon that it's his job to drive the Midianites out. The pastor went on to Chapter 7, where Gideon defeats the Midianites with only 300 men. The story in this passage seemed a little familiar, so I turned to Eun-Soo ...
"Did you ever see the movie '300'?"
"Hmmm, no, why?"
"This kinda reminds me of that."
"Oh really? How did it turn out?"
"Not good."
"... oh."

So, I've started utilizing my dictionary more in church. There's always words that I see or hear over and over again. So, sometimes I'll surreptitiously sneak out my cell phone dictionary and type in words I want to know. (Or to use it when Eun-Soo doesn't remember a word ... which happens EXTREMELY rarely. I think it's happened three times since September.)
Examples?
영원 - eternity (ps, I have a student named Young-Won), 땅 - the earth, 마음 - the mind, spirit, 아직도 - still, yet, 현재 - present (time), 영관 - an honor, glory, 평화 - peace, harmony, 세상 - the world, 고정관념 - a fixed idea (a negative thing), 의심 - a doubt
Trust - 신용, Obedient - 순종하는, Future - 미래
선포하다 - to proclaim, 송축하다 - to bless, to praise, 기뻐하다 - to be glad of, to rejoice, 경배하다 - to bow respectfully, 항복하다 - to surrender (oneself), 순종하다 - to follow obediently, 거룩하다 - to be sacred, to be holy, 종귀하다 - to be high, noble

Yay, vocabulary!!!

Okay. That's all I've got. Now, t'is the season for the tests. Gimpo HS students take their finals this coming week. Some of my friends have tests this coming week, too - one of them is related to several business/CPA-esque concepts that I don't quite understand ... and the other is kinda big (even if he doesn't want to tell anyone about it ... punk. I mean "punk" in the nicest possible way). (^_^) So, I wish everyone all the best - good luck and don't stress. Remember, the holidays are just around the corner. :)

And that's it. Love you much.

No comments: